cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark II Web Cam Application

jm0431
Apprentice

Hey Canon Community,

I'd like to use my 5D Mark II as a web cam, but there is no web cam utility application on the Canon website for the 5D Mark II. I tried using a web cam utility for a few other cameras without success. Does anyone have insight on how to make this work with my 5D Mark II? Thanks for your help!

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Need a lot more information.  Let’s start here.  What OS are you trying to use with the Webcam Utility?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi Waddizzle,

I'm using version 12.3.1 of macOS Monterey. I plan to use the web cam function as my camera source on Zoom.

Thanks for your help!

Is your hardware and OS supported?  The web page where you downloaded the Webcam app tells you what the hardware and software prerequisites are.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Canon doesn't provide webcam utility software for the EOS 5D Mark II on their website (https://en.canon-cna.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility/). That's why I reached out to the community to see if anyone else encountered this issue and has a fix.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The 5D2 is not really designed to be a web streaming camera. You would be better served by getting a real web cam. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@jm0431 wrote:

Hey Canon Community,

I'd like to use my 5D Mark II as a web cam, but there is no web cam utility application on the Canon website for the 5D Mark II. I tried using a web cam utility for a few other cameras without success. Does anyone have insight on how to make this work with my 5D Mark II? Thanks for your help!

Saw this on YouTube. https://youtu.be/tVyMA36iNEU

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements