cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 2000D: How to Use Your Computer as a Monitor?

DragonXD
Apprentice

I got a Canon 2000D. How to use it my laptop as a monitor for live shooting? 
The utility software dosen't work for newest operating system (Sonoma) so what are my options?
Not paying crazy money for some app on App Store to do this and OBS sux. 
Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You have to use something like Canon's EOS Utility.

A monitor OTOH, can be plugged into the camera with a simple HDMI cable.

Just said utility didn't work for my operating system..
What is OTOH? Tried googling it..

Hi and welcome to the forum:

Which country are you located in please as the 2000D is not a US model - that is the Rebel T7.

What my colleague @kvbarkley is getting at is there is one method for displaying to the computer and another for displaying to a separate screen.  You are having issues with the first type, so if you just want to see what is being done on the camera, i.e. to see a bigger display of what would be on the rear LCD, you can use any TV or monitor that has an HDMI input.
To do so, I suggest referring to the User Manual: EOS_2000D_Instruction_Manual_EN.pdf (c-wss.com)
On P226, it gives the instructions for doing this.

(By the way OTOH means, On the other hand, or alternatively)

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Hi, thank you.
I'm located in Denmark.
To be clear, I want it displayed at my laptop computer, not TV. How do I do that?

What exactly do you want to do? I was just saying that for a computer you have to use something *like* EOS Utility.

As said in first message, I want to display view on laptop screen. 
What is something "like" the EOS Utility then?? Please be more specific.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements