cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-1DS Mark II looking for firmware 1.1.6

dpsaiz
Enthusiast

I just bought a pristine 1Ds MkII from an eBay seller out of NM. 

The camera's firmware is 1.1.1 and I'd really like to upgrade the firmware to 1.1.6 so that the camera will recognize larger capacity memory cards.

I've searched far and wide. Those searches led me to a few links for the firmware but those links are no longer active. If you can provide me with an active link where I can download firmware version 1.1.6 I would be most grateful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Peter
Authority
Authority

Sure. PM sent.

Make sure that the file has the right SHA256 checksum. If the checksum is right the file is intact.You can compare here from my page https://kameratrollet.se/use-sha256-checksum-to-verify-canon-firmware-updates/

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Since the Camera was released in 2005, Canon USA no longer hosts firmware for the camera.

Canon Support for EOS-1Ds Mark II | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

You can try support, but not sure if they can provide it.  Also take a look at Canon HK.  Someone here may have it to share also.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Peter
Authority
Authority

Sure. PM sent.

Make sure that the file has the right SHA256 checksum. If the checksum is right the file is intact.You can compare here from my page https://kameratrollet.se/use-sha256-checksum-to-verify-canon-firmware-updates/

Hello Peter, 

Happy New Year! 

I have just got an EOS 1Ds mark 2, but found it has an older firmware version when trying to use a >2GB card.

Could you please help with f/w v1.1.6?

Thank you so much in advance!

Nam

Sure. You have PM.

Rekindling an old post, but on the off-chance that you're still active, and still in possession of v1.1.6, my 1Dsii and I would be very grateful if you could share it with us!

Thanks, 

Tim

Sure. Send me a PM with your email.

dpsaiz
Enthusiast

I thank you for your assistance. However all the links that I found even on Canon USA, Europe and HK are inactive or the page no longer exists.

The camera will read a 32GB  SanDisk Extreme Pro CF card with out issue. I really don't need the images written to two cards simultaneously. 

So the one 32GB CF card will have to do. 

dpsaiz
Enthusiast

I just checked and I have all the firmware updated for the EOS R, RP, 5D MkII and 40D

Seems you didn't get the firmware update for 1Ds II I sent you.

Announcements