cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4 not opening

SRJOHN
Apprentice

I use DDP4 quite often, and to my surprise one day it would not open. The loading screen pops up but never opens. I am on windows 10. I have reinstalled the software, restarted my pc and everything else I could think of.

1 REPLY 1

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@SRJOHN wrote:

I use DDP4 quite often, and to my surprise one day it would not open. The loading screen pops up but never opens. I am on windows 10. I have reinstalled the software, restarted my pc and everything else I could think of.

This happens from time to time for various reasons, like Windows updates, abnormal shutdown (that you may not notice), and who knows what else. Usually, when a program, and not just DPP, unexpectedly stops working as expected, I run the free version of CCleaner and clean the Windows Registry.

You will need to uninstall DPP using Windows add/remove programs before running CCleaner. This will allow CCleaner to compare installed programs to Registry leftovers so it can sweep it clean and do other repairs. If you don't feel comfortable allowing a program to root around in the Registry, type REGEDIT in the Windows search bar to open the Registry Editor. Pull down the "File" tab and select "Export", then select a folder to make a copy of the Registry.

This has worked for me and others on the Forum, so  after running CCleaner, reinstall the latest DPP 4 and give it a try 🙂

Newton

Announcements