cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP won't complete installation on macOS v14 (Sonoma)

renouj21
Contributor

I'm trying to download DPP for my Mac. I get the download fine, but when I click on the installer it gets half way through "extracting files" and then bails out. Nothing is extracted and I'm back to the installer window. I've tried DPP 4.17 and 4.18. I note from various Google searches that there are people apparently running DPP successfully on Sonoma. However, I also note that on the Canon UK/Europe site, there is no "Sonoma" option offered on the DPP download page (it tops out at Ventura). So is DPP compatible with Sonoma? And if it is, can anyone offer a suggestion as to why it is not loading onto my Mac Studio? Thanks in advance...

1 REPLY 1

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello renouj21,

When the files are extracted, there will not be an automatic pop up of an installer. It puts the installer on your desktop. It looks like a HD (hard drive). It should have a similar name to the .DMG file that you downloaded initially. You should see a "drive" called DPP4.17.0. (or whatever version you downloaded) Inside of that is dppm4.17.0-installer. Double-click that to begin installation.

Announcements