cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP viewer module stops working under windows 7

snnstudio
Apprentice

Does anyone know why DPP stops working as soon as I open a picture folder. Below is the error message

DPP Viewer Module has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have Windows 7 64, I've tried  to uninstall and install again but it's still not working. Any insights will be of great hep.

Thank you so much.

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi snnstudio!
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what equipment you're using and the version of DPP you're using. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue! Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Stephen,

I run DPP on a PC with windows 7 (x64) and the version I use is the most current one (3.13.20.0). This error only happens after I start DPP and trying to open a folder that includes some Canon Raw file (*.CR2). Otherwise, DPP seems to run ok if the folder does not contain any raw files... These raw files are from my Canon 5D Mark II

Thank you very much.

Mykolas
Authority

snnstudio,

It is possible that the specific RAW files you are trying to view in that folder are corrupted.  Try setting those aside for the moment, then taking some new RAW images on a fresh formatted card in the camera, then downloading them to your computer. 

Are you able to open folders in DPP with those new RAW files in them?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Mike,

I'm not sure if there are anything wrong with those raw files as I can easily open them in photoshop with no problems. However, I will try shooting some new raw files and open them again with DPP as suggested. Will let you know soon.

Thank you very much

Announcements