cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP selecting right folder but no pictures!

uncomprehending
Contributor

When I open DPP, at the very top, after the software name, it lists the correct computer path to where I store all my pictures (all in jpeg format).  However, the display only shows two pictures and I cannot find any way to select other files or pictures.  I've read the manual and everything I can find.  I'm completely stumped and suspect it's something so basic I've completely overlooked it.  But it's infuriating to see only two pictures and not have any way to access my photos.  Thanks in advance!

16 REPLIES 16

uncomprehending
Contributor

Here is a screen shot of what I see.  (I have no idea why it has selected these two pictures to display).

Project9.jpg

I see that you have Custom showing in the Sort dropdown. Try selecting File Name.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks.  Here it is (it does make one thing clear--DPP is showing the pics that it is because they are not inside a folder.)

Project10.png

I tried selecting File Name, as you suggested.  No help.  I suspect it is because all of the pictures are in folders, not "loose."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
That is exactly it. You need to select the specific folder containing your images.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Agreed.  But I cannot figure out how to select a different folder within the same directory.  Very basic, I know, but I am completely stumped.  Smiley Frustrated

Check that you have selected the folder view by selecting the little arrow.

Screenshot 2021-10-15 112617.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes.  In fact, I read that very advice in something I discovered when I was researching this ony my own.  The problem, I should have written at the beginning, I guess, is that that arrow doesn't work.  (The only thing that clicking on the arrow does is eliminate the three-slide selection on that pane and fill the screen with the selected image.)

Here is another screen shot.  Clicking on that arrow does nothing for me.  I know I should have that tab along the left side but I can't get it.  I assume I am somehow on the wrong "screen" or "view" but I don't know what I should be correcting, if that makes any sense.

Project11.png

You need to select the "U-Turn" button to exit the Edit Image window.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements