Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP micro ajustement of +52 ?

alexandremayeur
Contributor

Hello .

I will make it short. 

When I look in DPP, the microadjustement announce for one picture is+52 microadjustement !!

What I am really surpised , it is because my camera body (1Dx), allows me to microadjust only between -20 and +20... So How can I have a +52 value ? 

I just try to set-up my camera micro-adjustement correction to -20, 0, and +20. And DDP show me, as espectd, -20, 0 and +20.

The shoot was taken a week ago. In beetwen I have worked on the microdjustement of my camera, so I have changed the setings since.

So , any idea how can I have a +52 microd-adjustement ? 

I have attached a screen-shot, it's in French but the words are almost the same, So I guess I won't be a pb 😛

Capture d’écran 2017-10-13 à 13.35.37.png

10 REPLIES 10

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Could be that the factory has more range, and you are oly allowed +/- 20 above that.

Thank you Kvbarkley. 

I am not sure to understand you. (Sorry my english is not super good). What do you means by the "factory" has more range ?

I used this camera and lens for more than 2 years I have never faced any issue before.

The seting of my camera and lens is done by me. All settings are between -20 and +20.....

Is it conceivably significant that 52 centimeters is just over 20 inches?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hello Robert, 

I am not speaking about 52 centimeters ! :D.  I am speaking of 52 unites of mico-adjustement in the micro-adjsutement option of the camera. (52 steps in a ladder who is supposed to go from -20 to +20) .

How can it be possible ??

https://learn.usa.canon.com/app/pdfs/articles/AF_MicroAdjustGuide_desktop.pdf

If it is only one file, it could just be a bad bit or two in the file.

No , that was for all files during the all day.

The micro adjustement went from +4 (at 70mm -– that was a correct value), to +52 (at 200mm) (that is not a correct value) !!

And I have all the interval value betwen +4 and +52 regarding the interval value of lens mm (from 70 to 200 mm ).

You know of course, that we have no connection to Canon - we are just users, and thus, can only guess.

Thank you Kvbarkley 😄

I was wondering if anyone had already faced the same issue...... 😕

@alexandremayeur wrote:

Hello Robert, 

I am not speaking about 52 centimeters ! :D.  I am speaking of 52 unites of mico-adjustement in the micro-adjsutement option of the camera. (52 steps in a ladder who is supposed to go from -20 to +20) .

How can it be possible ??

https://learn.usa.canon.com/app/pdfs/articles/AF_MicroAdjustGuide_desktop.pdf

I understand all that. And I too had regarded the AFMA adjustment value as simply a dimensionless number between +20 and -20. However, what you are actually doing is correcting front- or back-focus in the lens, which is, in fact, a measure of distance. And it would be possible, at some chosen standard distance, to measure that correction in either inches or centimeters. If that were, in fact, what was being done, it would not be unimaginable that a version of DPP intended for American users might report that correction in inches, while a version intended for users in France might report it in centimeters. That would, at least, cause the observed evidence to make sense.

Indeed, I don't have time to look right now, but is there an option in DPP to report distances in either English or metric units?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements