cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP insufficient memory

CatU2484
Apprentice

I have been using EOS Utility and DPP for editing my RAW images since I received my first Canon EOS Rebel. I upgraded to the R5 March 2023 and have continued to use DPP for editing and converting RAW images to Jpeg. Yesterday DPP stopped for "insufficient memory". I have the most current version. I move RAW and Jpeg images off to an external hard drive. but DPP keeps shutting down on me today for insufficient memory. and I am unable to reach anyone at Canon via Chat for help. What is wrong and how can I fix it?
TIA

11 REPLIES 11

I understand that but I don’t believe it to be connected to the resource of the computer because having used DPP for many years on the same Windows platform this problem is a recent development either with a newer release of software or dealing with raw/craw files now from mirrorless cameras.

My guess is that the data caching code has not been updated to deal with the larger raw files from newer cameras. When DPP crashes on my iMac, I always have macOS send a crash report to Apple. If Apple does not share those with Canon, maybe Canon could ask for them.

My iMac has 90GB RAM, but the DPP cache size on disk is limited by DPP.

Announcements