cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4 Won't Edit RAW/JPEG

JRC1955
Contributor

I shoot RAW/JPEG photos load them to DPP4 but cannot edit them. What am I doing wrong? I am using R7 and latest DPP 4. I try clicking use RAW photos and it won’t show them in the edit screen. 

15 REPLIES 15

Pictures say they are RAW+JPEG. Thanks for the offer John but I have no idea how to upload a picture of mine to that link. Not a big deal, I will just shoot JPEG for now until I can get a handle on DPP. 

Click on the link. It will open a folder. Drag a RAW file into the folder.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

OK. Will give it a try. 

Beyond my level of expertise!! Sorry to waste your time. I drag a picture from my desktop to what opens when I click the link but nothing happens. 

@JRC1955 wrote:

Up to now they would go straight into Photos and I could edit the RAW pictures in the Photos app. But with the R7, Photos does not recognize the RAW pictures. So, I have been trying to figure out how to edit them in DPP 4. But DPP doesn’t seem to work for me either. I am sure it is operator error, just can’t seem to figure what it is that I am doing wrong. I put the RAW/JPEG pictures in a separate file on my desktop and DPP sees them there but then parts of the DPP edit process is greyed out. 

With the help of a friend who sent me two R7 RAW files I have verified that both DPP4 and Apple Photos can read and edit the R7 RAW files.

MacBook Air macOS 12.5.1

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks again for all your help John. I will keep trying. 

Announcements