cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDP Does not recognise 8-15 Fisheye

peter460
Contributor

HAd a friend send me some raw files caputred on a 350D using the 8-15mm F4 L Fisheye lens . Even after downloading the Lens correction data for this lens DPP does not recognise that it has this lens correction data in its database. What gives?

5 REPLIES 5

Are you sure the problem is with the software and not with the 350D? The latter is a very old camera that probably long predates the 8-15 fisheye.  The software can't recognize a lens on its own; it has to be told by the camera.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Could be but surely 350D / Fisheye / Canon DPP combination should work? I don't have a FISHEYE myself to evaluate the DPP correction of the distortion .

I am not a big user of DPP but it has no problem with the ef 8-15mm f4L for me.  I just took a shot with that lens on my Mk IV and DPP did its thing.

_52D7734.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Cool , I guess its an old camera compatibility issue . Does DPP do a nice job at removing the distortion of the lens?

Do you mean the 8-15mil?  If so that lens' design has unavoidable distortion.  Nothing will remove it completely.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements