cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture One printer plugin.......WHEN??

RavenWing1
Contributor

When will you Canon folks come up with a printer plugin for Capture One?????

14 REPLIES 14

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@RavenWing1 wrote:

When will you Canon folks come up with a printer plugin for Capture One?????

What is it that you expect from Canon?  

Capture One is not a Canon product.  It is a software application targeting Apple platforms.  AFAIK, the Canon Photo Printers are able to run on the Apple platforms.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

RavenWing1
Contributor

I realize that Bro.......and it doesn't just support Apple platforms.  Capture One does very well on Windows too!  I have a Pro 300 printer that works with Capture One, however you have to use a work around.  There's no native support like Adobe has.  I've reached out to C1 and in typical dev fashion they indicate that any plugins have to come from the printer mfg.  As far as what I expect from Canon is to get me pointed in the right direction......whatever that may be.   Maybe I'm not asking the right question......

Not sure.  Only Canon would know (and they would most likely not share any such future plans with the public) of if they plan on making custom plugins for Capture One.   That could be quite a huge undertaking, so my guess is probably not.

All you can do at this point is visit the main Canon USA web page, and find the [+] Feedback link near the upper right corner (also available next to the copyright notice at the bottom of the page).  If enough folks end up asking for the same thing, that may lead Canon to pursuing the effort to make it happen.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks Ricky!  I've taken your advice and submitted the feedback.  

RavenWing1
Contributor

Just for the record I tried again with Capture One and got this response from C1 tech support.

"The Lr/Ps integration was written by Canon, so it may also be worth a feature request to Canon to write that level of integration for Capture One."

RavenWing1
Contributor

Does Canon ever reply to questions posed here in the forums?

Negative.  This is a user forum.  This is not a suggestion box.  It’s social media.  It is not Canon technical support.  That is not to say that topics under discussion are always ignored.  

I believe that there links on the Canon USA home page.

[EDIT] If an app does not allow you to use a “standard system printer” than that is a poorly designed app, IMHO.  I think the comparison to LR,PS integration is way off the mark.  I think Capture One has been pulling your leg.

Ok, thanks.  C1 has always been very responsive whenever I have requested assistance.  I can't really say the same thing about Canon even though I am a fanboy. LOL!  And just to be clear the comparison is mine not C1's.  I'll remain the squeaky wheel and bide my time.

@RavenWing1 wrote:

Ok, thanks.  C1 has always been very responsive whenever I have requested assistance.  I can't really say the same thing about Canon even though I am a fanboy. LOL!  And just to be clear the comparison is mine not C1's.  I'll remain the squeaky wheel and bide my time.

Here is the critical test.  Are other apps able to access your photo printer?  If the answer is yes,  but C1 cannot, then it’s time to kick C1 to the curb, IMHO..

Announcements