cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Software to connect my camera to my computer

p159140
Apprentice

I recently resurrected a Canon SX260 SX, and I cannot communicate with my Apple Mini MACOS Sequoia 15.0 via the provided cord. I misplaced the software CD that the camera came with years ago. I hope you can direct me to the software online so I can download it. This will allow me to download my photos directly from my camera.

Respectfully,

Ron Clark

[Personal email address removed to protect privacy.]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Ron and welcome to the forum:

The following link will take you to the software download page.  You need to input the correct operating system so it can unpack the compressed files.
Canon Support for PowerShot SX260 HS | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

If you want to download the files from the camera, it is actually faster, just as simple and more reliable to remove the card from the camera and use an SD card reader attached to your computer to transfer the files to your hard disc.  Once done, return the card to your camera and format the card clear using the camera's format command.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Ron and welcome to the forum:

The following link will take you to the software download page.  You need to input the correct operating system so it can unpack the compressed files.
Canon Support for PowerShot SX260 HS | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

If you want to download the files from the camera, it is actually faster, just as simple and more reliable to remove the card from the camera and use an SD card reader attached to your computer to transfer the files to your hard disc.  Once done, return the card to your camera and format the card clear using the camera's format command.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

It is very good advice to use a card reader instead. And I will remember to use the camera's format command.

Thank you, Ron

Announcements