cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel T5i, cannot download pictures from camera to Mac Big Sur OS

gxgonzal
Apprentice

I updated my Mac to the Big Sur OS. When I did that, it wiped out the compatibility I had with my Canon EOS Rebel T5i. I cannot download pictures from the camera on to the Mac any longer. 

I have just downloaded the EOS Utility v2, EOS Utility v3 along with Digital Photo Pro 4 and Image Transfer Utility 2. Nothing seems to allow me to download to the Mac. Any advice?

It looks like the camera is identified by the computer and the various softwares (including Mac Photos) but there is no option to import or download. Any advice or workaround. I have searched the comments and have tried just about everything. 

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

No software is needed to download images from your camera.  On Mac OS, the camera will mount and can be browsed like a disk.  If the camera is visible, click on it to browse the images stored on its SD Card.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

gxgonzal
Apprentice

No joy. I have been using the cord to connect the camera to the mac. The camera will show as connected along with an import screen. But there is no option to select import or select images. It is just a blank screen. 

Any other ideas? 

Do you feel there may be too many images on the card? In other words, it is pulling all the images up and is taking a long time before it shows the options? 

Announcements