cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect app dropped connection, can't reconnect

Kdgrandstaff
Apprentice

Hello! For some reason canon connect app disconnected my camera from the app and it’s now saying to register it. When I go through the steps it stops at the page where it shows the WiFi (which is correct) and won’t go any further.  The only option is to hit the x or go back. 

7 REPLIES 7

Kdgrandstaff
Apprentice

IMG_4401.png

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

In the CC Application, use the hamburger menu (top right) select Manage Registered Cameras and delete any saved profile for your camera (if present).

Now on your camera's communication menu (you didn't say which body you owned), reset your camera's network setting (just network).  Now perform a re-pairing operation.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It says to register my camera. No manage camera option. I have a rebel t7 camera 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

(If present).  If there are no saved profiles, proceed with repairing after you have reset the network settings on the camera.  See page 115 

eos-rebelt7-1500d-wfim-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Got it to work. Thanks ALOT 

zakslm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Kdgrandstaff,

I had the same or similar problem yesterday trying to connect my camera to using the IOS CameraConnect app.  I think the app or my IOS may have been updated and had a similar problem in the past.  

Here are the steps (to the best of my recollection):

1. Clear all WiFi settings.  Steps:  Navigate to the WiFi Menu, Enable W-Fi NFC, press "Disp" to get to General sett. and press “Clear Wi-Fi Settings”.   That deleted “SET1” that contains the connection information including the password that the connects the camera to the phone.
  2. Then mate the camera with the phone again per the instruction in the manual thereby creating a new SET1.  That made CameraConnect work again.

Good luck!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@kdgrandstaff,

Good work.  😃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements