cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use EOS Utility with EOS 4000D

Apex66
Apprentice

Hello,

I have an EOS 4000D that I want to transfer photos from onto my laptop. When I open the EOS utility app, I get this screen, however I cannot click any buttons or use the app at all.camera.png

I have downloaded the EOS utility app three times, and get the same screen when I connect my camera. Please let me know how to fix it.

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you connecting the camera to the computer? Are you using a USB cable? When using a USB cable, you have to disable Wi-Fi in the camera for it to work.

You could use a memory card reader plugged into the computer USB port to transfer images from the memory card. That is how I transfer photo files to my computer.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

5DIV's recommendations are all good and correct.

If the menu items are grayed out in the utility, the camera is not being detected or is not successfully connected to the PC or MAC.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

normadel
Authority
Authority

You don't need EOS Utility or any other software to transfer from camera to computer. A USB cable connection should mount the camera in Windows File Explorer or Mac's Finder so you can drag & drop files/folders.

Does this work?

Announcements