cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera connect app not working - EOS Rebel T6 & iPhone 12

cannon28smith
Apprentice

No matter what I do the connect app does not work, never had issues but not it won’t even connect to allow me to download my photos. It says I need to allow access to local networks on my IPhone but when I go to the setting that’s not even on option under the app, so the app isn’t requesting access to local networks so there’s no way for me to allow access so I have no way of fixing this issue. Very poor app and needs fixing.

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model camera you have, the error message you're getting, and
 which version iPhone. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

cannon28smith
Apprentice

I have a Rebel t6 and an IPhone 12.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Here is a video walk-through.  Since we don't know what version of iOS you are running, and you have done this before, please forget the previous connection on your camera and mobile device before you proceed.  This will allow you to start from a "clean slate"

Canon EOS Rebel T6 - Wireless Connection with an iOS Device - YouTube

The permission you mentioned earlier is likely for the Canon Connect app and should be under Privacy on the settings menu of your mobile device.  Moving back to the camera, wireless settings, select smartphone, easy connect and then open the app on the phone and tap the add + button to have it search for the camera's wifi broadcast.  Look for the Cameras default SSID name.  Probably "EOST6".

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello I’m currently using IOS 15.4.1 and the only issue I’m having is connecting it to the local network. I get the error message saying to allow it but when I look under my privacy tab and local network the app isn’t there to allow it to share even though I continue to get the error, so no matter what I do it won’t work, I’ve tried deleting the app, the network, and restarting my phone.

Announcements