cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Connect is NOT connecting to 6D Mark II

Faulkner
Apprentice

I'm trying to connect my Camera Connect app to my 6D Mark II and need help.  I've installed the most recent firmware, and the most recent Camera Connect app.  Here are the details of what's going on...

1.  I'm using Android Samsung Galaxy S10

2.  I set the camera to wifi mode, and my mobile phone connects its wifi 

3.  the Camera Connect app shows its connect to the camera's wifi

4.  the camera shows the screen "waiting to connect" and says "start Canon app/softward on the smartphone"

But it goes no further than this.  It keeps timing out after several minutes on the camera and fails.

Any ideas how to resolve this?  it was working on my previous cell phone (a Galaxy S7), but I recently started using the Galaxy S10 and I've never been able to get it to work on that phone.  Spent literally hours trying.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Make the initial connection via Bluetooth.  For most users, the Bluetooth functionality is that they need.  If not, Bluetooth will automate the Wi-Fi connection process.

Don't forget to tell the app to make a connection.  You have to do more than just open it up.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Make the initial connection via Bluetooth.  For most users, the Bluetooth functionality is that they need.  If not, Bluetooth will automate the Wi-Fi connection process.

Don't forget to tell the app to make a connection.  You have to do more than just open it up.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

this worked perfectly!  It STILL won't connect on its own via wifi (my old Samsung S7 still connects fine, but there something "up" with the Samsung S10 that doesn't like to connect), but when I connect first through Bluetooth it works perfectly.  Thanks for a great suggestion!

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Faulkner,

Thanks for checking in with us.

It might also help to verify that your phone isn't trying to switch from one network to another after you connect to the camera.

In your settings under the Wi-Fi settings, look for the ADVANCED option. Once there, you should see an option that says something like AUTO NETWORK SWITCH. This is designed to allow the phone to roam seamlessly from available Wi-Fi networks to cellular data, but it does interfere with our Wi-Fi devices. Try disabling this option, and see if that makes a difference.

Announcements