cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Connect App not working

Toodyt
Contributor
A month ago I got a new Apple 8 with IOS 12 on it.
I got it Connected to my EOS 70D and had it working.
It was not always connecting easily but it would connect.
Today while trying to download pictures on a holiday it won’t connect.
At first it Connected but only showed about 6 pictures.
When I selected a picture to view and download. After waiting a minute or 2. The picture was still blurry and could not download.
I tried reboot on phone and camera. This time it just showed black squares where the picture should be.
I have now deleted and tried everything but cannot get the App to connect to the camera.
When I go through the App setup I can assign the SSID and the camera shows the connection but stays on that page and never completed the configuration with the phone.
There was a recent update on my iPhone and there is a selection which leads me to believe there was an update to the app.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Toodyt
Contributor
Thank William!
I know when I was having a problem I did delete the App and reboot the phone.
I thought I had deleted the WiFi settings on the camera as well.
I did delete the App and reboot the phone.
Then I deleted the WiFi settings on the camera and rebooted it.
Installed the App and setup the WiFi connection on the camera.
It Connected as soon as I started the app and all is good!
Thanks again.

View solution in original post

66 REPLIES 66

Rana1993
Apprentice
Make sure you are entering the correct camera. I have a Canon Rebel t7 and it took me forever to figure out i couldnt just enter 2000D. I had to put EOS in front of it

@Rana1993 wrote:
Make sure you are entering the correct camera. I have a Canon Rebel t7 and it took me forever to figure out i couldnt just enter 2000D. I had to put EOS in front of it

You want to initially use the default camera name.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

fayded
Apprentice
You know how you would pair a Bluetooth speaker to your phone under settings? Go to Settings > Bluetooth > and delete the camera from there and try connecting again. This worked for me!

Flordespina
Apprentice

Hello,
I have used the canon connect with my Canon EOS 80D and my iPhone 6s for a year. However, today when I connect to the camera's wifi and open the app, and try to view images to download the app crashes. I have uninstalled the app from my phone, restarted my phone, and reinstalled the app (didn't change anything). I have redone the wifi set up on the camera from the beginning again (didn't change anything). the app does say it is connected to the camera and allows me to click on the "View images" button but immediately crashes after I press the button.
Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Thank you

Beginning a year ago I attempted unsuccessfully to operate my Canon 6D with the Canon Camera Connect Smartphone App . I was following the (Easy Connect) process for Wi-Fi and even though my network status on the phone showed connection, the App never would recognize the camera. After a couple of weeks I gave up. Two weeks ago upgraded to the Canon 5D MK4 and was unable to get the Camera Connect “Easy Connect” to work on this camera either. However, the 5D offers another method of connection that was not available on my 6D, that is called (Connecting to a NFC Enabled Smartphone). NFC stands for (Near Field Communication). Turns out my LG Android phone is NFC enabled, the connection process is a breeze and the Camera Connect app works perfectly. You can turn on NFC by going to Settings>Connected Devices>NFC. I’m not familiar with Apple but I believe NFC is available on the IOS platform too.

Andybrew2
Apprentice

This situation was pretty frustrating.

At this time, it looks like the camera can only connect to one Apple device at a time.  

I have an iPhone and and iPad.  The iPhone is great for portability and the iPad is great for viewing larger images.

The Apple devices share network settings across devices if you use iCloud.  

To switch devices, you have to forget the network on the old device. Once that is done, complete the connection on the new device and it should prompt you for the new key.

annellington
Apprentice

I deleted camera connect, rebooted phone then disabled and reset Wi-Fi on camera. It connects now per phone and camera but will not load pictures! 

Announcements