cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON EOS Utility was working fine few days ago EOS 70D

Danyal
Apprentice

Now doesnt recognise Camera even i have reinstall all packages reset camera but it doesnt connect to my camera on same wireless network same password same camera

it does connect on my Mobile and i can view and remote shoot but in lan mode it is no working 

i have windows 10 Home x64 on my laptop which also connects to the same wireless network.

few days ago when ever i turned on my camera in range of wifi the EOS utility poped up but now its not working even i have tried to re register it and when i finish settings in camera the eos utility doesnt detect camera i have scaned my wireless network which shows my camera with its mac and it have obtained ip but eos utility doesnt detect it

i have also manually allowed eos utility in firewall to have full access to network but it is not working.

8 REPLIES 8

rockstarbill
Contributor

I am having the same problem now with my 6D. Everything worked fine until recently, and now WiFi over LAN does not work at all in Windows 10.

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I'll keep tabs on this thread and look for either an update to Windows or an update to the EOS Utility, as I am willing to bet that the Windows 10 Anniversary Update is related to this problem.

@rockstarbill wrote:

I am having the same problem now with my 6D. Everything worked fine until recently, and now WiFi over LAN does not work at all in Windows 10.

My 6D backfired, too.  Windows said that it had no driver, but after a 2-3 minutes it began downloading a new driver.  My camera was still ON during the entire time Windows downloaded a new driver.

Once a driver was installed, I turned off the camera, disconnected and reconnected the USB, powered up the camera ... and everything worked just as it did before.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

USB is working fine, it is WiFi that is broken.

@rockstarbill wrote:

USB is working fine, it is WiFi that is broken.

Maybe the camera needs to download a new dirver for WiFi, like mine did for USB.  I assume the camera is in WiFi mode.

[EDIT]  My computer had sat there for a at least 2-3 minutes before it began downloading a driver.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The driver installed fine, the EOS Utility just sits there looking on the network for the camera and never finds it. I let it sit there for a good 30 minutes or so. I am just going to fall back to using USB until whatever this issue is, gets resolved.

Announcements