cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Upload Photos from EOS Rebel T7 Directly to image.canon

kremerchristian
Apprentice

Hello there! I recently purchased a canon rebel t7 camera, and one of the things that drew me to it was the fact that it said I was able to upload photos automatically to things like google photos. Still, I am having difficulties figuring out how. I was able to connect the google account in image.canon to auto upload, but now my difficulty is getting the photos from the camera to image.canon. I am able to download the images on my phone manually but was hoping there was a way to get the images to google without having to download to my phone. Any help/info is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

I think you might be able to do this with the EOS utility.

Software downloads for your camera are available here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-rebel-t7

Are you saving your pictures and raw or JPEG?  Complete creative control. I recommend you shoot in raw file format and use DPP or another raw image editor for post-production.

Image.cannon is another possibility if your body is supported and is running compatible firmware.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick,

I don't see an option through the latest version of the EOS utility to upload automatically any images I take with the T7i to the image.canon service as soon as I shoot a photo while connected to my WiFi, that's what I would like to achieve at least. Instead, I have to select the image.canon service through the camera menu, then it shows some options regarding image resizing and selecting which photos I would like to upload, but again, I would prefer to skip this step and have the camera to upload every shot automatically.

One thing that I am noticing is that the WiFi icon on the touchscreen of the camera says "off" all the time, even though the WiFi setting is enabled. I don't know if this might be the issue???

Any clues??? Thanks!

luisdanielmc,

I could be wrong, but I don't think image.Canon works that way.

If I' reading this right, the images must first be uploaded to the service. You can set it up to automatically download the images to a computer or cloud storage location of your choice once they get there, but the Initial upload to image.Canon is a manual process.

Steve Thomas

That makes sense given my experience so far. Thank you Steve.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your camera requires a wired or wireless connection to a PC or the internet in order to transfer photos.  Its not a mobile device.  Several options exist.  These can be automated. 

Examples:  

EOS Utility

Google drive installed on the computer.  If you saved imported images to a folder sync'ed with Google Drive, they could be uploaded to google cloud for you from the PC.

If you are shooting tethered, images saved to the computer could also sync to google cloud.

Image.Canon

Both the T7 and T7i are supported.  Here, images uploaded to image.canon can be automatically sent to Google Drive.  In this case, your captured images are uploaded to image.canon then send to google cloud for you.  shadowsports_0-1682768064875.png

shadowsports_3-1682768147887.pngshadowsports_4-1682768191779.png

image.canon | Automatically download to PC

Take a look at image.canon and decide what might work best for you.  You either connect your camera to your computer or image.canon and download / upload your files.  The process is automatic, and once done the images are sent to your desired destination.  Remember to check that your camera is running the latest FW available for best results.  This adds image.canon to your cameras wi-fi menu for easy upload from the camera.  Note that transfer speed is affected by the speed of your internet connection, and images will transfer more quickly than video.  The fastest option would be a wired connection or card reader.  If you are only transferring small quantities of photos at a time its not a big deal.  If you are doing hundreds of photos and video, using wireless could be painful.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

That's exactly my confusion. I thought there was a way to upload directly to image.canon without having to initiate the process manually, like we do with smartphones. Thanks for the clarification, Rick.

I am stuck in a loop trying to find the software to download on my PC. All that link does is tell me to log in and click the "installation download". Where TF is the installer. The Canon site has nothing, Google has nothing. I created the image.canon account, but where is this "automatic download" they promise?

I have downloaded it a dozen times on a new windows 11 pc. Nothin on the task bar. I opened the file there is no .exe file. I am extremely disappointed the Canon haas put this POS out there.

Greetings Russ,

Please visit this page:

image.canon | Automatically download to PC

If you scroll down a bit, the Download is available there:

shadowsports_0-1695909699445.png

I've embedded the link into the photo 😀 Just click the image.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have done that a dozen times. Loaded and unloaded. It says its installed, but nothing on the task bar, no icon on my desk top, and nothing executable in the file it downloaded. I have updated windows, restarted several times. I'm about to return the camera if this is what Canon has to offer.

This is what it downloads

Russ_K_0-1695955249816.png

Announcements