cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Focus while in Movie Mode on Canon Connect App

shilpa_raja
Apprentice

I shoot with a 5D Mark IV and noticed that while shooting video, the "tap to AF" functionality on the canon connect app is greyed out. This doesn't seem to be a problem when shooting images. But when I switch to video mode and connect the app, I can't tap to focus on my iPhone (or iPad) screen. I can on my camera screen. I recall being able to do that before. I've reset both the iPad/iPhone connections as well as deleting and uploading the canon connect app again. That didn't work. Since I use back button focus, the AF-ON button on my camera is set to AF. I did reset it to OFF just in case the AF functionality on the app was connected to the AF-ON button. But that didn't help. 

Thanks!

Shilpa

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

“ Since I use back button focus, the AF-ON button on my camera is set to AF. I did reset it to OFF just in case the AF functionality on the app was connected to the AF-ON button.

When you reset BBF did you restore [AF-ON] functionality to the Shutter Button?

Does it work properly when the camera is Green [A+] mode? 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you so much for responding. I did restore it to the shutter button. I ended up reverting it back because after a lot of time spent trouble shooting, noticed that the tap to focus works if the AI-Servo has been activated. I had had it off. But it works now as long as AI Servo AF is activated. Thanks ! 

Announcements