cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tripod fot Traveling?

sumonva2
Apprentice

Hi Guys im going on a Vecation soon. I have the r7 + the rf 100-400mm(birding wildlife) and soon ill have the 18-50mm f2.8 sigma. I need a low budget triopod thats fites into a bag(in the side) and where you can get from 30 cm or less to 180 cm high bc I want to do Portrait and also birding with it. I was thinking about the rollei campact traveler no 1 what do you think about it? Do you have other Recommendations? And shouöd be low budget thank you https://100001.onl/

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Small, light tripods that can handle a 400mm lens are not cheap.

Ken Rockwell liked this one:

https://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/oben/cql-13.htm

You can go to his site and search for "tripods" to see more.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Tripods are good is shooting from one spot but I also have a monopod for portability.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

That Rollei looks pretty good

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Check out Zomei

Tripods & Monopods Stand - Best Choices Online Shopping (zomei.com)

I've been allowed to post this because Canon doesn't sell tripods.  

I have a Q555. (aluminum).  Its been to Europe and Alaska.

They have carbon too.  Pretty affordable.  Many are convertible from tri to monopod.

Today I use a Manfrotto BeFree Carbon.  It not a budget tripod though.  

There are several good brands.  I suggest you compare many before making a choice.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

stevet1
Authority
Authority

sumonva2,

I have a Geekoto Traveller that I like a lot. It comes with it's own carrying bag.

I have the 75", but they make a 58"

Steve Thomas

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

If you are sitting in a hide, and thus static, a tripod might be very useful, but when out and about I think that something more akin to a monopod is going to give you more flexibility to track birds. 

I found something that rather crosses the two, and can give you a miniature tripod as well.  It works really well for wildlife.  It's the  iFootage Cobra 3.  It's like a monopod with a tripod base.  It can be easily converted to a full monopod, and a miniature tripod, and goes up to 1.8m.  It's carbon fibre, so super light and having only one main tube is very compact.
Cobra 3 - Original Version – iFootage (ifootagegear.com)  You can get a ball head to go with it or any other one that takes your fancy.  I used a SmallRig ball head and it works fine.

Tronhard_0-1726912563042.jpeg

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements