Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some have questions re Canon Manuals..

JFG
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hello everyone,

Some have wondered why Canon is not including a manual with their cameras etc.      I want all to know that Canon still includes a manual (a quick start manual) with all their cameras.  All of the Canon cameras and Canon Lenses that I have purchased in the last three years, all have come with a manual.  On 8-21-24 I received my R5 Mark II, my last purchase, and it also came with a manual.  Word of warning ⚠️  If your buying from a retailer that is not an Official Canon Distributor, always check the box, cause some of these are scam artist and they will take the batteries, battery chargers, cables and even the straps to sell as seperate accessories to make more money.  Yeap, and they will still charge you the retail price, without a discount !  Always buy directly from Canon or an Official Canon Distributor like Amazon or B&H.  Happy shopping  !

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams
4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

In my experience, the manual that comes packaged with the camera isn’t the full 1000+ page User Guide.  Of course, it might depend on the camera model.  But a 1000+ page manual would be bigger than the camera.  It would add size and weight to the package, which would significantly add to the final cost. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

You are right Waddizzle, it's not the 1000 + page users guide, however it is a manual.  The full 1000 + page users  guide can be found in the Canon's website, for printing, for anyone that has to have a physical 1000 + pages Canon Users guide to carry in their back pocket 🙃.  I prefer reading it on the web on my cell or my laptop whenever, I need to.  It beats having to lug one around and the one that comes with the camera has very small type.  The 1000 + page Users Guide on my cell phone is a lot more convenient and it's with me all the time if I ever need it.   However, the point is that Canon still sends a condensed version (a quick start manual).  😆 

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

It’s more of a quick start guide than an exhaustive manual. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle. 

Your on a roll ! Yeap, right again.  It is a quick start guide rather than a full fledged manual.   It's a Quick Start Manual!  I never open mine and they are all still neatly wrapped in the air tight sealed plastic bag they come in.  I don't know why any one complains about not getting a manual with their product when one can find the complete manual "user's guide" in the web.  Canon even provides you with a "Camera App" for your cell that makes it easier to get to the Canon Users Guide (manual), among other things.  😀    I guess its an old school thing. However, although I'm old school, I'm up to date with technology and the changing times ️  And man,  the times are always changing.  If one doesn't change with the times, one gets left behind!   Everything changes always, the only constant is change.  😀 

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams
Announcements