cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ozunon Minolta Lens adapter for Canon EOS Rebel T3i.

DannyDorito
Contributor

As the title states, I have a Canon EOS Rebel T3i. I'm wondering if there is an adapter so I can use an Ozunon Minolta AF Sony Tele Zoom 4.5/75-200mm Lens.  

10 REPLIES 10

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

No. Especially if it has no manual controls.

Heard that. Just gonna stick to Canon lenses

normadel
Authority
Authority

Here is a FotoDiox Minolta AF/Sony Alpha-to-Canon EF adapter with manual aperture control dial:

1.JPG

I can't vouch for it or say that it will make use of your lens a satisfactory experience.

Probably makes more sense to put the money toward an EF or EF-S-mount lens. You can find lots on the reputable used market at UsedPhotoPro.com, MPB.com, KEH.com. Of course, you can buy new also.

[Commercial link removed per Community guidelines and replaced with screenshot to serve as visual aid.]

Thank you for the information. Would it be worth it? I've just started to get into photography so my knowledge is limited. 

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Note Minolta AF/ Sony Alpha/ A Mount lenses lack an aperture ring. The lenses also lack an internal AF motor. Minolta AF/ Sony Alpha/ A Mount used screw drive AF. This relied on an AF motor in the camera body instead of the lens. Also the aperture control was mechanical too not electronic like the EOS system. Everything on the lens will be manual if adapted.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

I could live with only having manual controls if the lens is a decent one to use.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Good results = Canon>Canon>Canon

Unknown results = Canon>Fotodiox>3rd party lens

My suggestion.  (please take this as friendly advice).  Do not waste your time trying to adapt or make gear which was not designed to work together compatible.  It leads to frustration, unnecessary expense and if you're lucky poor quality images.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I'm inclined to take your advice. Thank you.

DannyDorito
Contributor

I think I'm just going to stick my canon lenses. Any suggestions or tips on using the EOS Rebel T3i are absolutely welcome. Thanks

Announcements