cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My canon battery grip for the 6d mk ii ( BG-E21) one slot for the battery stopped working

NotJack
Apprentice

Hello folks, the canon service repair doesn’t list my battery grip for repair or support, I have had it for about 2 years, and one battery slot doesn’t work anymore, it keeps displaying the “Battery communication error, do these batteries display the canon logo?” And usually I just clean the battery or turn the camera on and off, and it works, again, but My battery grip only works on one slot now and not the other.  What can I do to remedy the situation?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I assume your batteries work normally when when installed in the camera on their own.

Check the PINs on top of the grip.  Are they in good condition?  

Repair option:

MidWestCamera.  Not sure if they do grips, but you can check.

The grip had fallen in price.  It might be cheaper to replace if you can't get it repaired.   B&H has it for $70 off until tomorrow.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello,

yes both batteries are in working condition, I took a closer look on the pins on top of the battery grip and there’s one little one missing. I think that’s the issue?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Should have 4 on each header

shadowsports_0-1640509706943.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I have had the same issue with a battery grip.  In my case the issue was with the copper connection that pushes the errant battery hard against the battery connections.   Sometimes, over much use, the metal plate loses its spring, or is bent backwards away from giving enough pressure.  Simple, and worth a try.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements