cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mount adapter lens EF /EF S canon for R6

Jorma0711
Contributor

Can someone tell me what adapter is better to get , the canon mount adapter for a regular price in Best Buy $99 or the adapter with the ring thing for $199. I just need your profesional recommendation. Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

It will depend upon if you'll want to have the control ring which would give you a similar experience to using RF lenses (physical location would be different; rear vs. front).

You can set the control ring to do different things such as adjusting ISO.  So if you foresee using the extra mechanism to adjust certain settings, the adapter ring version would be a good move.  It's almost the same exact size and just an ounce heavier than the standard adapter, so even if you rarely use the ring, it won't be adding extra bulk/weight to your setup.

One other thing to ask yourself... do you foresee moving to RF lenses in the future? Or just keeping EF lenses?  If you're moving to RF, perhaps save the bit of money and go with the standard adapter.  Over time, your RF lenses would all have control rings.  But if you plan to just use EF lenses for the long term, I think the control ring adapter would be a better move.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

It will depend upon if you'll want to have the control ring which would give you a similar experience to using RF lenses (physical location would be different; rear vs. front).

You can set the control ring to do different things such as adjusting ISO.  So if you foresee using the extra mechanism to adjust certain settings, the adapter ring version would be a good move.  It's almost the same exact size and just an ounce heavier than the standard adapter, so even if you rarely use the ring, it won't be adding extra bulk/weight to your setup.

One other thing to ask yourself... do you foresee moving to RF lenses in the future? Or just keeping EF lenses?  If you're moving to RF, perhaps save the bit of money and go with the standard adapter.  Over time, your RF lenses would all have control rings.  But if you plan to just use EF lenses for the long term, I think the control ring adapter would be a better move.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Jorma0711
Contributor

Thank you so much 

Announcements