Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leather case for my R50

Kaplang
Contributor

632CB9B2-08EB-4471-B376-8DE040B7D391.jpeg

I have absolutely no stake in this company except as a customer 
Wanted a leather case for my newly acquired R50. Not many on the market but found this one from a company named Vincov out of China. Couldn’t find any reviews but for the $61 shipped and the 10% first time buyers discount I decided to take a chance. It  took 14 days to arrive and pictured is what came in the box. Case, neck strap and zipper pouch. The only thing I can say about it all is this is a very high quality case. It’s real leather , very nice design and quality constructed.  It’s available in 2 other colors being black and a chocolate brown. Mine is the darker brown. 

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would never use a leather case out of fear of mold and mildew.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Good point but the cases are treated with anti mildew and mold coating.

@Kaplang wrote:

Good point but the cases are treated with anti mildew and mold coating.

So what.  Do you think that conditioning treatments lasts forever?  It does not.  

Have you ever put a leather cover on your car’s steering wheel?  Don’t.  Your camera should not experience the same temperature extremes as your steering wheel, but you will have a moldy mess on your hands, usually within 2-3 years.

I am not what might be described as a “Made in the USA”, but these o products are made in China.  As a general rule, I do not trust “Made In China” products very much, especially when these are original designs coming out of China, instead of outsourced domestic labor.

It it your camera.  I suggest that you do what you feel is best.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It’s just a camera and in the bigger scheme of things it has very little importance. I wanted a leather case for it, found a nice one and glade I have it. Besides, Canons  next generation of priority cameras and lenses will come along and I’ll probably get one because that’s what Canon will coax me to do. The camera I now have with the leather case will be sold to someone else and any “mold or mildew” if that actually develops will not be my problem. It’s a very nice case and if someone is in want of one I highly recommend it. Oh and by the way. The Chinese make some very nice products. They can reengineer almost anything. They probably made your camera or at least some of its parts.

Announcements