cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K&F Concept lens adapter not working | EOS R7 with EF-S lenses

ebucky
Apprentice

I have a brand new Canon R7 and have bought a third party EF-EOS R adaptor (from K&F Concept) for my EFS lenses. 

I am unable to take any photos and I'm not sure if it's a problem with the camera or the lense adaptor??

Help please!!

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Since Canon EF and EF-S lenses work fine with the Canon Adapter, it is probably your third party one.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I agree.  All third party adapter were taken off store shelves because it was becoming apparent that most customers were reporting camera issues when they were using them .

Another question I have would be what lens are you using?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

First and foremost, the first thing to do is replace any third-party device, especially an adapter, with genuine Canon components.  Like every other OEM, Canon will not, because they cannot, support third-party components.  If you want to get support and avoid breaching your warranty, it is better to use OEM components.

If you can't afford to purchase one, see if you can borrow one, if only to attach one of  your lenses and try to see if it focuses - if you are having issues with multiple lenses, it makes it fairly likely that there no issues with the glass.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

March411
Rising Star

ebucky, welcome to the site and sorry to hear that you are having issues.

When I moved to MILC I owned (and still do) a fair amount of EF lenses which work fantastic. Some of the lenses are Sigma with the balance being Canon. I can say specifically due to personal experience Canon will support third-party components where they can but cannot complete repairs. I was having issues with two Sigma lenses that a Canon CS person assisted me resolve, they have always been helpful and engaging when I have contacted them for assistance including questions on Canon gray market repairs.

That being said, because I wanted to use my EF lenses on the R bodies I test a bunch of adapters, many as I have a local shop that does rentals. I am not sure if you bought the $30 or $90 adapter but neither worked consistently on any of the EF lenses I owned. Honestly, none of the aftermarket adapters worked well, they completely lacked consistency. They would work for several/many frames and then completely stop functioning. There are a lot of aftermarket items that work perfectly in the R bodies including batteries. Unfortunately the EF to R adapters outside of the Canon OEM are not one of them, I ended up buying Canon which works consistently.

I purchased one of each, the Mount Adapter EF-EOS R and the Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R. Knowing what I learned I would not purchase the Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R again. The control ring is located to close to the body and is difficult to use quickly. Tinkering caused me to miss a couple shots. The simple Mount Adapter EF-EOS R is worth the $129 and once and a while you can grab one for $80 on the Canon Refurb page. Create a Canon account and once your signed in hit the notify button.

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards

R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery
Announcements