cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS A2 EF-S Lens Adapter - is this product out there?

khabib0460
Apprentice

I just bought a Canon EOS A2 film SLR. I know it uses EF lenses but I wanted to see if there is a product or adapter that I could attach my EFS lenses with?

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

No there isn't. EF-S lens cannot mount on film or full frame EOS bodies. (There are some hacks online for certain lens; it involves modifying the lens).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

No you can't adapt crop sensor EF-S lenses. To a Full Frame, APS-H or 35mm AF SLR. EF-S lenses are designed to protrude into the camera body. The mirror in a Full Frame, APS-H or 35mm AF SLR would hit the rear lens element and serious damage the mirror. Even if you could use EF-S lenses on a FF/ 35mm camera you would see vignetting. The lens was designed to cover the APS-C image circle. So stick with Full Frame EF lenses. Don't attempt to use 3rd Party APS-C lenses either. These lenses will mount because they use the FF EF Mount. But they're designed to project an APS-C image circle. The picture below shows what happens when a crop only lens is used on a Full Frame camera.

f0652c5255cb4d0a958de53e38f3b117.jpeg

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

normadel
Authority
Authority

Any adapter would be adding distance from the lens to the film plane, just like an extension tube. This changes focusing ability. You would lose distance focus.

Announcements