cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Cable for EOS 60D

mmitsch
Contributor

I need to get a data cable for an EOS 60D.  Which Canon cable do I need? Will the Canon IFC-660PCU work?  The manual calls for a IFC-200U/500U.  The  IFC-200U/500U has 2 magnetic rings on it while  the IFC-660PCU has one.  Not sure what they do...

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

Also check and make sure your computer has USB Type A ports on it. Newer computers have dropped USB Type A. In favor of the newer USB Type C port.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This one will work fine.  It can connect your camera to a computer.  

shadowsports_0-1694972866829.png

This is the card reader I used for my T6s, 6D2 and mobile devices.

shadowsports_1-1694973152198.png

I used it last night to copy lens firmware to the card in my R5 C.  It doesn't claim to support UHS-II but it works fine, just more slowly.  Its tiny too. 

I use a ProGrade Reader for CFExpress B and SDXC-UHS-II normally. 

shadowsports_2-1694973814699.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Anonymous
Not applicable

B&H Photo lists the IFC-200U/500U. It has a USB type A on the computer end and a mini B on the camera end. Do you have a type A connector on your computer or a type C?

The 200U is 6.9 feet long and the 500U is 15.4 feet long. I think the one that you listed originally is not the correct cable as it appears to have a micro B USB connector, not a mini B USB.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The cable specified in the “60D Instruction Manual” was appropriate for the latest computer hardware in the early 2010s.  Computers have changed dramatically since those days, especially Windows-based platforms.

The little “transformers” as you called them are “filters” to block radio frequency noise being picked up by the cable, which can act like an antenna in the right conditions.

Without knowing what type of USB port connection you have on your computer, then we really cannot recommend a “best” cable.  I can advise you not to use a USB hub or port expander.  

Do not use cable adapters, either.  You want to use a cable with the correct port connections at both ends of the cable.  Resist buying a long cable.  Stick to a cable that is 1-2 meters or 3-6 feet long.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

normadel
Authority
Authority

You can use ANY USB A-to-Mini B cable.  Do not need a "genuine Canon" cable. I have no-names for my 60D, 50D, T1i, 7D and 6D.

There AREN'T power-only Mini-B cables. They all carry data. It is MICRO-B cables that exist in both varieties.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements