cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Cable for EOS 60D

mmitsch
Contributor

I need to get a data cable for an EOS 60D.  Which Canon cable do I need? Will the Canon IFC-660PCU work?  The manual calls for a IFC-200U/500U.  The  IFC-200U/500U has 2 magnetic rings on it while  the IFC-660PCU has one.  Not sure what they do...

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

You will need a Mini USB (camera end) to Type A or Type C (computer end) depending on which USB port your computer has. Make sure you buy a cable rated for Data transfer not charging.  I recommend using a SD Card reader to transfer pictures. This is the fastest way to transfer pictures to your computer. Links to 3rd Party websites aren't allowed in the forum please remove them. Before a moderator removes the link.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Thank you!  

How do I remove a link for a post?  I didn't mean to break any rules.  

And I suppose I can use a card reader too.  I have an EOS10D that I had to have repaired due to removing the card (it had pins on the card and they got damaged).  Makes me paranoid to remove cards too much. 😬

I guess those days are long gone now...

The CF interface has pins that stick out of the port. The SD interface doesn't have this. You can edit your post to remove the link.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit your post and delete the link. (click the little down arrow to right side to edit)

Thank you - got it  all edited and removed the link.

I'm fine with it. It's the Canon cable that's shipped and sold by Amazon.com (the only Authorized Dealer on Amazon). 

Also, it's not a big deal for us to remove a link that violates this rule - esp if it's just a misunderstanding. The "big deal" is we don't want the Community to become a giant swap meet. This post isn't that, obviously. 😊

Thank you for getting back to me.  I  got the message edited and am compliant again!

Did you mean the IFC-660PCU cable would work?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

The camera's manual calls for a IFC-200U cable. Link below:

60D Instruction Manual 

Yes, I saw that as well.  I am having trouble finding the IFC-200U/500U.  Seems it has 2 of the magnetic rings on it.

Thank you very much for your reply!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements