cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterfeit Battery in my SX740HS why after using it for 3 years am I getting message

Suedot19
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Batteries have a useful service life.  I would not expect a genuine battery to display a counterfeit error message.  Maybe it's lost its ability to properly communicate with the body.  

I'd reset the camera and remove the battery.  Ensure the battery is fully charged and put it back in the camera.  If the message persists, I'd replace the battery.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Batteries have a useful service life.  I would not expect a genuine battery to display a counterfeit error message.  Maybe it's lost its ability to properly communicate with the body.  

I'd reset the camera and remove the battery.  Ensure the battery is fully charged and put it back in the camera.  If the message persists, I'd replace the battery.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you very much for your explanation. I just don't understand why I was able to use this battery for 3 years. I am not sure how to reset my camera but I will try my best. Thank You

Announcements