cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R8 extension grip EG-E1 has a crack. How to reach the service department for a replacement?

HumbleGardener
Apprentice

Hi, I bought a R8 extension grip EG-E1 in May. I attached it to my R8 body and haven't gotten a chance to use it until this morning and I found a very visible crack in the black plastic part around the hole.

I tried to see if I can get to the service department by open a ticket but I can't even find this product when the web page wanted to pick a product. Does that mean the only way to get to the service department is via phone? That will be painful...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Not sure if this item can be registered in the MyCanon portal.  You can check.  Try calling support.  (800) 652-2666.  Keep in mind you'll need to have a receipt as proof of purchase for a warranty claim.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Not sure if this item can be registered in the MyCanon portal.  You can check.  Try calling support.  (800) 652-2666.  Keep in mind you'll need to have a receipt as proof of purchase for a warranty claim.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, Rick.

This item can not be registered so I guess I have to call them. I will have my receipt ready.

Announcements