cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon DM-E100 microphone compatibility with EOS R10

perrin4
Contributor

Hi there I just bought a dm-e100 microphone for my canon Eos r10 and it keeps saying the microphone is not compatible and this is the second microphone I have tried. 

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I'm assuming that microphone connects to a 3.5mm stereo mic input? (Canon doesn't list that detail out in any of their microphone specs pages).  It also appears that it isn't a powered mic (though also cannot tell that from the specs).

What specific settings are you using on your camera when connecting this mic?

This is the one time where I've now gone to third-party microphones for the past several years.  I didn't have much luck with, or didn't get the sound quality I wanted from Canon brand mics.  For the past few years, I've been using an Azden stereo mic.  Connects via 3.5 mm stereo jack and you power it with two double-A batteries.  I've used this unit successfully with my prior Vixia camcorders, a 5D IV and now on a EOS C70.    There would be other brands for sure that should also work for you in case you cannot get the Canon mic working or if it doesn't live up to your expectations.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

For my settings I just use what it gives me I don’t touch it. I’m brand new to the camera community so I don’t know what they all do and mean 😞

We're going to need details in order to help troubleshoot.   If you go into the audio settings on your camera, what are the settings there?  Did you look into the User Manual on how to set up audio for use with an external microphone?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements