cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon BG-R10 Battery Grip makes the R5 inoperative

Pierric
Contributor

My battery Grip BG-R10 makes my R5 camera to freeze from time to time.

The firmware version of the R5 is ver 1.9.0

The only way to get it back to work is to remove the grip and inset the batteries directly in the body.

My Grip is only 6 months old, I use only Genuine Canon batteries LP-E6NH.

They were fully charged when it happened 

This issue have happened 5 times so far on different occasions and its pretty annoying.

Any hints to what I shall do?

16 REPLIES 16

Please reach out to support for help with this. Canon USA is at 800-652-2666, Monday through Saturday.

If you're outside the USA, please visit https://global.canon/en/support/ for support options.

Have a great day! 

The BG-R10 is not listed as a product in the Repair service website of Canon so I can't even book an appointment for repair.

@Pierric wrote:

The BG-R10 is not listed as a product in the Repair service website of Canon so I can't even book an appointment for repair.

It does sound like the grip could be the issue.  Did you register it when you bought i?  Do you still have a receipt?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Accessories only have a 90-day warranty here in the USA. However, the support team will be happy to troubleshoot whatever might be causing the issue if you call them.

@Stephen wrote:

Accessories only have a 90-day warranty here in the USA. However, the support team will be happy to troubleshoot whatever might be causing the issue if you call them.

Wow!  =8^O

Does that include accessories like Speedlites?

I'm not an expert on this, but... Speedlites have a warranty card (I just checked), so THIS should apply. If your battery grip came with a warranty card, it would also apply to that. Notice that the warranty verbiage specifically says that the warranty only applies to products packaged with the card. 

@Stephen wrote:

I'm not an expert on this, but... Speedlites have a warranty card (I just checked), so THIS should apply. If your battery grip came with a warranty card, it would also apply to that. Notice that the warranty verbiage specifically says that the warranty only applies to products packaged with the card. 

You’r an expert, Stephen.  That is exactly what my BG-R10 warranty card looks like.  One year warranty!B99E4FAA-254B-49F4-9A30-D16B7B822977.jpegAFA2035F-546C-4498-AED2-75876A0858D6.jpeg

Announcements