cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera bag that will fit in backpack

romenren
Apprentice

I’ve seen the camera bag question countless times, but recently the gate agents at my airport struggle with their own baggage rules. Does anyone have a recommendation for a small bag that would hold an R50 body, and two lenses that is small enough it can be tossed into a backpack when needed? Largest lenses would likely be a RF85/f2, possibly a 100-400. Gate agents assume a backpack is a personal item instead of a carry on, therefore my current camera bag gets tagged as a second personal item. Can’t and wouldn’t check either due to value and li-ion.

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

My LowePro messenger bag might do that, depending on your backpack.

I suggest getting a camera backpack that can fit other stuff.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Like kvbarkley, I use LowePro as well. A slingPack.  My camera never leaves me when I travel.  Batteries come into the passenger cabin with me also.  The ticketing personnel always ask if I have batteries in my checked luggage when they see a tripod.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You can buy small, individual cases for lenses and cameras. You could then fold your camera bag to fit inside your backpack. Instead of one sizable piece, you would have a few smaller pieces. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements