cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

49mm lens cap compatibility with 49mm filter

g_khajanchi
Enthusiast

Hello Team,

Can a Canon 49mm lens cap be used on the Canon Filter Protect 49mm when the camera is not being used for work?

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Finelld
Contributor

Typically a lens cap for a lens that takes a given size of filter will also work on most filters attached to the lens.  There are exceptions like when you are using square filters.

View solution in original post

Does regular use of Canon lens cap over Canon lens filter have any effect on the filter?

This use should be avoided on daily basis.

normadel
Authority
Authority

If it's a lens cap that snaps into the front threads of the filter, it will certainly work. Using the cap has no effect on the filter, other than to protect it.

Why should using the cap be avoided on a daily basis?

I know caps and filters used on a daily basis.

But I meant whether the filter over the lens and the cap over the filter can be used on a daily basis or not for safety purpose. 

Of course it can.

5 REPLIES 5

Finelld
Contributor

Typically a lens cap for a lens that takes a given size of filter will also work on most filters attached to the lens.  There are exceptions like when you are using square filters.

Does regular use of Canon lens cap over Canon lens filter have any effect on the filter?

This use should be avoided on daily basis.

normadel
Authority
Authority

If it's a lens cap that snaps into the front threads of the filter, it will certainly work. Using the cap has no effect on the filter, other than to protect it.

Why should using the cap be avoided on a daily basis?

I know caps and filters used on a daily basis.

But I meant whether the filter over the lens and the cap over the filter can be used on a daily basis or not for safety purpose. 

Of course it can.

Announcements