cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XA20 produces vertical lines in footage?

thestoryteller
Apprentice

I purchased a XA20 video camera directly from Canon.  Unfortunately I am getting lines in the video footage.  I am so distrought over this.  It is so disheartening to think a brand new camera you are excited to utilize puts vertical lines on the brides face!  They are in the first clip and go the very last clip.  The camera was also reset to factory settings and although it records the footage without the lines, they are present in the raw footage after viewing all the clips.  I have been a Canon fan for over 15 years.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I am confident this is not user error, considering the fact it has been reset to factory settings and produces the same result.   I have treated this camera with the utmost care, and it has only videotaped one small intimate wedding and one large wedding.  The card was formatted in the camera and is a brand new Sandisk Ultra 30mbs/s 10 rated card.  Any assistance would be helpful.

3 REPLIES 3

thestoryteller
Apprentice

Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 4.39.52 PM.png

thestoryteller
Apprentice

The video footage with lines is produces in all settings and like I said was reset to factory setting with the same result.

Tim
Authority

thestoryteller,

From the image it appears as though there is an issue with the camcorder which will require the attention of factory service.  We are very sorry for this inconvenience, but having us provide service for your camera will resolve the issue you are having.  

Use this web site to set up and arrange service for your camera.  Ensure that you send in a copy of the receipt for all warranty claims.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements