cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which of Canon video camcorders work well in low light.

cannon65
Apprentice

I have a problem with camcorders trying to focus on a bright light at night instead of the area I need to focus on. Any ideals  would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello Cannon65.

The functionality of the camera would depend on the model camera that you are using.  None was documented.  So we would need to know which camera you use.  We may also recommend that you use a manual focusing feature, if your camera has one.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available through our Support Site.  Please use this to Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

cannon65
Apprentice

I am wanting to buy  a new camcorder to replace and old Sony 8mm one that I have used for several years. It has served me well, but it is time to retire it. I will be using it professionally for covert video, size and quality matters. The video's will be shown in Court so clarity is a must.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi Cannon65,

The XA25 requires just 1.2 Lx to work.  You may see this camcorder by clicking here.

If you're looking for a consumer model, the VIXIA HF M50 will record at 1.2 LX, or .1 LX in the low light mode, shooting at 1/2 sec. shutter speed.  Click here to see the VIXIA HF M50.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements