cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way to send Video emails??

timbo64
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

actually theres a website mailbigfile.com;I was able to email to myself a 146mb hd video,so there appears to be a way.what I haven't tried yet is a 6sec video zipped(hd) to see if it compresses enough to email so I can send it for a video gold lesson

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi timbo64!

Welcome to the Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon equipment you're using, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

hi there I just purchased a vixia HF R400(never owned a camcorder before) my OS is windows vista home premium 64,i connect r400 thru a usb cable.

Mykolas
Authority

timbo64,

Video files from the HF R400 and many other camcorders are very large.  There are often file size restrictions on e-mails, which makes sending a video file very difficult.  Often the file will need to be reduced in size by being recorded at a lower resolution to start with, then compressed or reduced in quality.  Depending on how long the video was, it may still be too large to e-mail even at that point.

You can always upload the video to a web service, allowing you to simply share the link with someone via e-mail instead.  There are many available, one of which is our own Canon Image Gateway.  The link will take you to the website.

This didn't answer your question? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

actually theres a website mailbigfile.com;I was able to email to myself a 146mb hd video,so there appears to be a way.what I haven't tried yet is a 6sec video zipped(hd) to see if it compresses enough to email so I can send it for a video gold lesson

Announcements