cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R700 Screen Replacement

jjjj3a
Apprentice

The screen for this camcorder has stopped working completely and is all black.

I'd like to try to replace it myself. Please send me instructions/technical manual for doing so.

4 REPLIES 4

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

That is a job for the Canon Service Department. Canon will certainly not supply you with instructions, a technical manual, or a new screen for you to do it yourself.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 19.0beta2 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

I'd like to have some help with this from someone at Canon.

If I have to buy a new camcorder, it obviously won't be Canon, if this is the stonewalling that I get from them.  It's not giving me any option so far that I see, of contacting anyone besides here, since my product is out of warranty.

Hello jjjj3a.  A LCD screen that does not display is certainly frustrating.  The Community Forum is not Canon technical support, but rather a site where fellow Canon users share their knowledge and experience with Canon products.

If you need to contact Canon technical support and repair services, you will want to visit the Canon website here: https://www.usa.canon.com/support.  If you create a Canon Account, it will have all your options for contacting the support team.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@jjj3a,

I think lamintheUK is giving you good advice.  I am not aware of any camera manufacturer that provides technical documentation for DIY repairs to the public. CanonSony, Red/Nikon, Panasonic, Arri, BlackMagic, Fuji, Olympus, etc.  Canon's reputation is one of the best in the industry.  Their service and support is also unmatched.  I also urge you to let Canon service your camcorder.  The repair also comes with a warranty.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements