cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF R500 Capable of Livestreaming?

rolinridge
Apprentice

Hello,
I inherited Cannon HFR500 and found the user manual.  My question is can I use this camcorder to live stream on facebook?  If so, can someone help me learn how to do it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rolinridge,

While some of our newer cameras have built-in live-streaming capabilities, the VIXIA HF R500 does not.

You might be able to use an HDMI cable from the camera with an HDMI-to-USB accessories like Elgato Cam Link 4K, Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder, or AVerMedia AVerCapture HD to get footage to your computer, but we can't guarantee that will work, since live-streaming is not a feature we support for that camera. Some of our customers have used OBS as an open-source software program when connecting an HDMI-to-UBS adapter to a computer, so that's another possibility to explore. 

You're welcome to check in with the support team for the companies who make those devices to see if they have any additional suggestions about a setup that might work for your camcorder.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rolinridge,

While some of our newer cameras have built-in live-streaming capabilities, the VIXIA HF R500 does not.

You might be able to use an HDMI cable from the camera with an HDMI-to-USB accessories like Elgato Cam Link 4K, Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder, or AVerMedia AVerCapture HD to get footage to your computer, but we can't guarantee that will work, since live-streaming is not a feature we support for that camera. Some of our customers have used OBS as an open-source software program when connecting an HDMI-to-UBS adapter to a computer, so that's another possibility to explore. 

You're welcome to check in with the support team for the companies who make those devices to see if they have any additional suggestions about a setup that might work for your camcorder.

Announcements