cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Pinout for Optura 200 MC

mula
Contributor

I have a bunch of DV tapes and I want to get the recordings on my computer. I still have the camcorder Optura 200 MC. Unfortunately, I only have one power cable that has a 3 pin female connector that goes into the camcorder and a 'regular' connector on the other side which has a contact on the outside and another 1 or 2 contacts on the inside. I beeped it out and the outter contact goes to the left of the 3-pin connector (with the notch towards me). The contact inside goes to the right of the 3-pin connector. So I think the left and right pin are ground and 9.5V. But I don't know which one is which. I also didn't get anything for the middle pin. Does anybody know what the pinout is?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

OEM is CA-560.  CA-570/570S also works.  Buy a replacement, use an ohms meter, but don't guess.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the response. It actually turns out the pinout is printed on the connector. It's kind of hard to see but below is an image where it can be seen well. In the image the notch is at the top so negative is on the left and positive on the right. I wired it up this way but the camera didn't turn on. 

There is also a USB port on the front protected by a cover. Next to the USB port there is and LED that say charge. I plugged a USB cable in there. Should the LED come on when a USB cable is plugged in the USB port (the battery is inserted but it might be dead after so many years)? 

connector.jpg

Announcements