cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legria HFR706 won't record

avgrafyx
Apprentice

Hi,

I recently bought a Legria HFR706 from a friend, and it seemed to be working just fine when I tested it, but now, for no obvious reason, it won't record.

Or, to be more accurate, it seems to record for about 6 seconds and then stops with a 'Can't Record' message. This happens whatever format / bitrate the camcorder is set to record at. So I am assuming it's not able to transfer the data to the card.

I have tried several cards - all brand new, (Sandisk Micro SDXC Ultra Class 10), which I think should be fast enough) and I initialised them in the camcorder before use.  I've also tried reformatting one or two of them in my PC and then re-initialising them in the camcorder, to see if that corrected the problem, but it didn't.

So is the camcorder faulty or am I just not getting the right cards? Is there any make or type of card that would be better suited? Ideally, I want to record AVCHD or MP4 at 1920 x 1080 pixels.

Also, what is the upper limit of card capacity the camcorder can use? The manual mentions it can use 64Gb cards but is that a limit or just the biggest that was available at the time the camcorder was made?

Many thanks for any advice!

1 REPLY 1

Tiffany

Hi Avgrafyx,

Welcome to The Canon Forum! 
We really appreciate your participation, however this appears to be a camcorder model not supported within the US. The Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements