cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought a Vixia G60, Looking for Guidance!

Eafworkshop
Contributor

Hello! I am an artist and I have been really excited for two years saving money for my next big project: making time-lapse videos of my work! I just got a Vixia HF G60 in the mail and was wondering if there were any tips from the community on some good video editing software and/or any other programs I might find useful!

I am a total novice, but am looking forward to having fun and making some awesome footage!

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Which operating system do you use?

The main editors these days are:

• Final Cut Pro (macOS only; one-time purchase; my personal choice).  Integrates seamlessly with Apple's Motion and Compressor (not required by Final Cut, but very nice additional software).
  • Adobe Premiere (macOS and Windows; monthly subscription fee)
  • DaVinci Resolve (macOS and Windows; free, but with limitations.  Paid version as well lifting the limitations)

If you're on macOS, maybe first use iMovie.

There are many free videos out there for the above packages.  As well as paid training courses/materials.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Eafworkshop
Contributor
Thank you for the info! I have windows right now, I will certainly look into Adobe more.. ( I am putting off illustrating a graphic novel until I'm rich enough to afford the creative cloud subscription fees).

pepegot1
Apprentice

VideoStudio 2022 is a powerful and easy to use editor. There is an excellent support forum too :https://forum.corel.com/viewforum.php?f=1  Davici Resolve is the best, but a very long learning curve. For good quick results try Videostudio.

You can get a test copy and it is free for 30 days:
1.JPG
Easier to use than Power Director or Magic.

[Commercial link removed per forum guidelines and replaced with screenshot to facilitate discussion]

Thank you for the info! 🙂

Announcements