cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Camera Shake/Vibrations for the Canon R800

noahvk
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a question about my new Canon R800 that I purchased online a few months ago. I use this camcorder quite often to film trains, however, I've noticed that a lot of my videos are comeing out with a very high amount of camera shake, in some cases it's hard to even watch. Obviously there is going to be some shakiness, but I have not had a camcorder in the past that has shaken or at least shown it as much as this one. Does this have something to do with my settings (I've tried almost everything) or is this the result I'm going to keep recieving? I also bought a very sturdy tripod to try and combat the problem but it didn't help much. 

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

I, too, shoot railway videos. Make sure that when using a tripod you have all the stabilization turned off. The low frequency vibration from the trains travels through the ground and up the tripod legs, and the camera, thinking this is camera shake, will try to stabilize it causing picture wobble. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

newsense52
Rising Star

Post editing software is the best method to stabilized the video.

Or other techniques outlined here.  " https://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-avoid-camera-shake/ "

I do not know how make the fastest shutter speed in video is one of recommended solution.

Announcements