cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imagemixer problem

Babakoto
Apprentice

Hello,

i am using already for year Canon camcorders (HF10 and HSF200). Both work fine!

I always used the complimentary ImageMixer software to transfer the m2ts files and to assemble them to a movie.

However, since a few weeks, ImageMixer is not starting anymore. The launcher starts, but when i choose for browsing and authoring, i get an error message (image mixer is not working anymore), after which the program stops.

I have the idea that image mixer stopped working after a Windows 8 update. However, i removed the installed updates, and image mixer still doesn't start anymore.

Any idea what's wrong?

Is there a good alternative for the image mixer software? I tried some trial versions of video sofware, but was never satisfied about the quality of the welds between the individual scenes.

I am looking forward to any suggestions.

Edwin Saanen

Netherlands

4 REPLIES 4

VideoGeek
Mentor

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the ImageMixer software? 

What video editing software have you tried?  I only ask because I wouldn't want to recommend something you may have already tried. 

You might want to take a look at this page:

http://www.pixela.co.jp/oem/canon/e/support_info/info_win8.html

It does not appear as though ImageMixer 3 SE is supported in Windows 8.

Thanks for your reply.

We had it working on Windows 8 and 8.1 for more than a year, but after some updates (at least that what we think), it stopped working. I removed the most recent updates of Windows, but i could never get it working again.

And yes, i tried several times uninstalling and installing again.

I am afraid i have to look to other software.

I am looking for not too complex software, which supports m2ts format. I only use it for welding / cutting scenes and sometimes to make a video clip with music. Adding titles would also be fine.

Any suggestion is welcome!

Thanks,
Edwin

For under $100 (US Dollars) you could consider one of the following: Corel VideoStudio Pro X8 Premiere Elements 13 Sony Movie Studio 13 CyberLink PowerDirector 13 All of the above should be able to handle M2TS files. Many have a trial version available so you can try before you buy and that helps you choose which one works best for you.

Thanks for your suggestions. We will take a look at it.

Announcements