cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HF G20s does not stream 720 (via the HDMI connection).

hughdemand
Apprentice

Good morning

I have a couple of HF G20s bu they do not stream 720 (via the HDMI connection). Are there consumer models that will allow me to stream at 720 via the HDMI connection?

Thanks

Whit

4 REPLIES 4

VideoGeek
Mentor

What sreaming service do you use?  Are you using a video capture device?  Are you looking for a camcorder with WiFi or do you just want to use the HDMI connection?

We stream  thru FASTHockey.com.

Normally use an ATEM TVS switcher but new setup (single camera) will go directly via HDMI to the encoder (Osprey card) and using FME.

No Wifi required, just ability to output video via an AV connection for SD and HDMI for 720.

And must be able to record on SDHC card

Thanks

Whit

I'm still looking into this and I'm hoping someone else will chime in.  You would think this would be relatively easy but it appears that is not the case.  I will research this further later tonight.  I'll be following this with great interest.

Thank you.

I too was amazaed at the difficulty in determining the model that would accomplish this, stream at 720 via the HDMI connection.

Some further research, but not confirmation of, indicates the Canon Vixia HF R52/(62?) may be able to do this. Also saw mention of a Panasonic HC V770 being a candidate.

I do not have ready access to either model to test, will see if I can gain access.

Anybody with any experience of these two cameras? Wondering if the lens quality would be suitable for streaming hockey games ?

Thanks

Whit

Announcements