cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G60: HDMI Max Resolution?

garrettn
Apprentice

Hi!

I found a 4k-capable MiniHDMI-to-HDMI cable, and am using that to connect our new G60 with a CamLink4K, into a fairly new iMac, running OBS.  

1920x1080 is a huge step up in quality from the EOS Webcam Utility we were previously using w/ an M50.  

I'd like to get full 4k signal into OBS so that I can do fast crop cuts rather than zooming slowly in on the subject.  But the G60 menu indicates that the HDMI Max Resolution is 1920x1080.  The recording setting is 3840x2160, 29.97 fps.  

As far as I can tell, OBS base resolution maxes out at 1920x1080, but yt videos show folks inputing 4k (and cropping down the input to 1920 window), so I know its possible...just don't know HOW it's possible.  

Thanks for any advice!

cheers n' blessings,

G

IMG_0765.HEIC

IMG_0766.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

The G60 along with virtually all consumer camcorders will only output HD over HDMI.

If you need UHD, capture to the internal cards and then import that footage into your video editor of choice to output to UHD and/or HD.   This is what I do with Canon's G50.  I capture in UHD, import in Final Cut Pro, then export as needed.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

The G60 along with virtually all consumer camcorders will only output HD over HDMI.

If you need UHD, capture to the internal cards and then import that footage into your video editor of choice to output to UHD and/or HD.   This is what I do with Canon's G50.  I capture in UHD, import in Final Cut Pro, then export as needed.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Ahh, ok thanks for clearing that up. Not what I wanted to hear, but will save me loads of time in trying to solve it! This is for livestream, so we'll just be happy with HD (o: Thanks!
Announcements